Wednesday, May 4, 2011
The first one is oil and the second one is acrylic. Both were done for my Figure and Ground class, the latter is the final. I had to do some hefty oil paintings that I put a lot of time into, one of which I can't upload because it's a few feet wide and I don't have a decent enough camera to do the image justice. I learned a lot both conceptually and technically, skills that I want to put into my illustrations to make them more my own. Another goal that I think I achieved in the class was to make oil and acrylic seamless throughout my work. Now that I got that figured out I'm going to try to do some more challenging work over the summer.